“… we are nature, literally, in every molecule, and neutron. … In our lungs are oxygen molecules breathed by every type of creature ever to have lived on earth, along with the very hydrogen and oxygen atoms that Jesus, Confucius, and Rachel Carson breathed.”Paul Hawken
Blessed Unrest: How the Largest Movement in the World Came into Being and
Why No One Saw It Coming
- Listen in to KC’s NPR affiliate, KCUR’s story on The Resilient Activist’s history and purpose: no more activists lost to climate anxiety
- Our Human Relationship with Nature: A Joyful Conversation with Biomimcry Fellow, Margo Farnsworth. The replay of this heartwarming event held on 10/30 is now available on SoundCloud.
- Tuesday 11/16 7:30 pm CST is the inaugural gathering of our JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) Book Club!
- Watch this heartwarming video from Phoebe Mussman, “I must return the gift,” an homage to Braiding Sweetgrass and The Resilient Activist.
On Our Blog
- Welcome new blogger, Jack Adam Weber, author of Climate Cure on Healing Myself to Heal the Planet
- Returning activist, Anne Melia, shares How Can Activism Be Self-Care?
- How to Know a Green Rental Home When You See One by our newest contributor, Lisa Walker.
Support Us on #GivingTuesday
November 30, 2021!
“The best way to take care of the environment is to take care of the environmentalist.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh, The Sun My Heart
We’d love to have you join us at our upcoming events.
What You’ll Learn From Meditation Guidance and ResourcesOnline and at your own pace, you’ll understand:
- What does a meditation practice look like?
- What is meditation flow?
- What types of practices and techniques are part of an ongoing practice?
- Experience a recorded example of a meditation class – the introduction and teaching, the guided experience, and a class reflection and discussion
- Resources and a bit of meditation philosophy
What You’ll Take Away from this Free CourseAs a student, you’ll get some great benefits from being here:
- Access exclusive content. We’ve designed Meditation Guidance and Resources to inspire, instruct, and engage.
- Meet new people. Your fellow students are as motivated as you are to understand what we’re exploring in Meditation Guidance and Resources.
- Get results. As you dive into the course content and meet the community, you’re on a path of finding calm in the midst of the ups and downs of your everyday life. While it’s not necessarily easy, the transformation we’ll get together matters.
Your instructor, Sami Aaron, is the founder and director of The Resilient Activist. Learn more about her insight, philosophy, and meditation practices through her blog posts.
The Resilient Activist JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) Book Club
Are you interested in learning more about justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) in America with a group of like-minded and open-hearted people?
Do you enjoy reading and discussing books that expand your understanding of yourself and the world?
If these questions touch a chord, then The Resilient Activist JEDI Book Club is for you!
We will be reading books from a variety of genres regarding JEDI issues. We will meet Tuesday December 14th from 7:30 to 8:30 (CST) via Zoom on our new interactive online platform.
We will continue the discussion of our first book, How to Be an Antiracist, by Ibram X. Kendi.
Please feel welcome to attend, even if you missed our first meeting. This is an open group, and we understand that our lives are busy and not everyone will be able to attend each month!
The JEDI Book Club is facilitated by Resilient Activists Brenda Bennett-Pike and Anne Melia. We hope you will join us!
Get Ready …
Releasing in January 2022
Our FIRST Online FREE Course
How to Meditate:
Your Introduction to a Formal Sitting Practice
with Tobi Holloway
Meditation is a powerful resiliency tool.
The benefits of ongoing meditation practices have been shown, time and time again, to include mental clarity, stress relief, reduced blood pressure, and an enhanced overall sense of wellbeing – all things helpful for anyone experiencing climate anxiety, activist frustration, and more. Learn all about the benefits of meditation in our EnviroTip #13: Meditation – A Powerful Resiliency Tool.
This online course will give new and experienced meditators an opportunity to explore just how simple mindfulness practices can be, from a completely secular, non-judgemental, and welcoming perspective.
In this course, you’ll experience the fundamentals to enjoy a meditation practice where you can replenish, learn, and grow. The lessons are presented in a series of videos that include very brief guided experiments to help you customize your own practice. The lessons and experiments demystify meditation with explanations of how it works and opportunities to experience it for yourself.
You’ll be able to follow each of the lessons on your own schedule and repeat them as often as you want. Through the interactive tools, you can ask questions, get feedback, and connect with others who are taking the course.
Join our interactive online community at this link so you’ll be notified when this course drops on January 1st, 2022. There is no cost to join and you’ll connect with our community of like-minded souls who are working towards a healthy, resilient planet in ways that are nurturing and supportive for all!
Click on “Courses” and read through “Meditation Guidance and Resources” as a precursor to January’s “How To Meditate” course.
Instructor, Tobi Holloway, is a wellness devotee, a fitness enthusiast, and a meditation teacher who is passionate about The Resilient Activist’s vision and purpose.
Learn more about Tobi’s insights and wellness philosophy through her self-care articles.
Introducing our Speakers Bureau
The Resilient Activist’s Speakers Bureau offers educational and inspiring presentations and workshops designed to help audiences better understand how they can be a part of creating a healthier planet in ways that also support our wellbeing. Check out our Speakers Bureau Presentations page for a detailed list of topics.
Nonprofit Partnership Opportunities
We are delighted to collaborate with Nonprofit and Grassroots organizations within our new Online Interactive Community! Learn more here about partnership opportunities and how they can provide community-building, content, and resilience for your organization.
Corporate & Small Business Sponsorships
We’d love to promote your business in our programs and on our sites! Check out our Corporate Sponsorship opportunities and learn how you can show that you understand the value of supporting resilient activists while you nurture The Resilient Activist organization!
“Activism is the art of taking action to support, nurture, and protect what we hold dear.” ~The Resilient Activist