You Can Make a Difference!
Even if you don’t have an “environmental” background, volunteering can help you connect, learn, and grow as you work with an amazing group of like-minded people to support those who nurture our planet!
Our mission is to cultivate resilience to environmental stress by supporting community, personal well-being, and vital ecological health.
We provide community-building programs that offer inspiration, self-care, and mental health support. Our programs are immersed in deep nature connection and designed to nourish positive ecological change.
Use your superpowers, skills, and enthusiasm to support our organization and spread its mission!
- Write a blog post about your journey in dealing with climate anxiety or the backstory on your shift into activism. Could your activist’s life story be an inspiration to others? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
- Educational and Speakers Bureau programs: If you like presenting inspiring material to a diverse audience, consider joining our speakers’ bureau. Are you tuned into promotion? Consider promoting our programs and connecting with groups who’d benefit from our educational programs.
- Volunteer and Event Coordinator—As we move back into in-person events, we’ve got lots of opportunities for connecting with others to bring our programs to life.
- Join our Board of Directors—At-large positions are open for those who have their finger on the pulse of the corporate and philanthropic communities in the Kansas City area.
- Accountant/Treasurer/Bookkeeper—Do you love working with numbers? We need you! This Board Member/Officer position requires strong financial experience with nonprofit organizations including knowledge of tax and other filings;.
- Contact Manager—Do you have the administrative skills to maintain our list of donors, volunteers, subscribers, and other contact groups, as well as compile statistics on our audience and programs?
The Resilient Activist is located in the Kansas City area, but as an online community, many volunteer tasks can be done online! We would love to have you join us, no matter where you live.