The Resilient Activist’s
Support as we Navigate Climate Change
April 25, 2022
Open Mic for Storytelling, Poetry, and Song
Fourth Tuesday of each month
6:00-8:00 pm Central
Hosted on our Mighty Networks Online Community via Zoom
This joyous meeting will be for the opening of our voices to each other through storytelling, poetry, and song (voice or instruments).
This meeting will last 2 hours instead of the normal hour and a half. Everyone will have time to share at least 1-2 original pieces (or more!), depending on time. You also are welcome to simply come and listen.
We are excited to express our creativity this month and sing joyously for the coming of spring!
Guidelines for Climate Café Open Mic
- Take risks. There is no judgment here.
- We will have time for reflection and conversation after each performance.
- We will popcorn from act to act and once everyone has performed, we will have another chance for more to be shared.
- We are respectful of others’ unique voices.
- We listen and are interested in each other’s views, and we don’t try to impose our own.
- Silence is fine. Performance is not required.
- Tears and all emotions have a place.
- Performances are not recorded.
This is your best opportunity to connect with a community that gets you, with folks who are experiencing many of the emotions that climate change has brought out in your heart and mind.
There is nothing for you to commit to except to gather your prepared piece, find a comfortable spot with your Zoom window open, and just be you. We can’t wait to share and connect with you.