Part One of a series of courses on meditation, this course will focus on five key principles for both effective activism and self-care.
Five Essentials for a Resilient World
- Replenish Our Resources – tools to soothe ourselves, heal from hurts, see more clearly, engage our strengths, and find joy while mindfully noticing how we can replenish the natural world around us.
- Reconnect to Nature – supporting, nurturing, and working with our human nature while connecting deeply to the natural world.
- Respect All Life – including ourselves by tending to, protecting, and providing for our own needs even while we are working to change the world and support all species.
- Revamp Our Spending – invest our resources (time, energy, money, and influence) on what we really care about; spending from our personal values in alignment with a healthy planet.
- Regreen the Planet – exploring ways to restore natural areas and bring that nature into our everyday lives as a healing tool.
Throughout March, Tobi Holloway and Sami Aaron will be teaching these principles through guided meditation.
Every Thursday from 7:00 to 8:15 CT.
Sessions will include the introduction of a key concept, gentle seated stretching, a breathing practice, a guided meditation, and mindful dialogue.
5-Week Course Fee: $75
Minimum enrollment: 5.
In the event of course cancellation, fees can be transferred to other courses offered by The Resilient Activist, offered as a donation, or refunded.
A limited number of half-price and free scholarships may be available. Email email@example.com to request a discount.
Participants are required to have completed The Resilient Activist’s Meditation and Mindfulness Course Waiver and Release of Liability Form within the previous 12 months before the start of this course.
Tobi is a retired enterprise data architect and a former group fitness instructor. She is passionate about taking good care of ourselves, each other, and our planet. She is on the Board of The Resilient Activist, teaches meditation and resilience, and is a presenter for the speakers’ bureau. Tobi is especially interested in helping people identify and express their strengths and values so that their activism is as personally rewarding as it is effective – improving wellbeing at every level.
Sami Aaron is the heart and mind behind The Resilient Activist. The Resilient Activist organization was a gift that emerged through Sami’s studies in meditation, Yoga Nidra (yoga sleep), yoga for trauma, nature-connected teachings, and the benefits of time spent in nature. She has a heartfelt desire to share these gifts with others and to build a community that will nurture, uplift, and support those who strive to live in conscious harmony with Earth.