Thursday, June 9th
Noon – 1:00 pm CT
On Zoom via our Mighty Networks Online Community
This presentation offers a guide for engaging in our political system to effect positive change in a joyful, self-caring, and sustainable way.
We present activism as part of self-care, and self-care as part of activism.
Activism is often perceived as a negative, frustrating, and angry way of being. As such, people do not want to become activists or even adopt the changes that activists are promoting.
We are presenting a different paradigm!
We believe that we will draw more people to our cause if we are energized, engaged, and joyous in our activism. Anger, sadness, and frustration are natural responses to our broken and inequitable world. However, by cultivating joy, self-care, and connection, we can focus our negative emotions into positive, sustainable, and resilient activism.
This presentation is intended for two audiences:
- Those who want to meaningfully engage in our political system to support, nurture, and protect what they hold dear, but aren’t sure where to begin.
- Those who are already taking political action and want to add resilience, but are not sure how.
- Environmental Scientist/Chemist
- Political and Environmental Activist
- Native Plant Enthusiast and Gardener
- Serial non-profit board member/volunteer
- Recent yoga and meditation practitioner
- Retired enterprise data architect with wellness side-gigs
- Board member, presenter, and resilience and meditation teacher for The Resilient Activist
- Lifestyle-as-medicine nerd
- Move-Your-Body enthusiast