Saturday, May 22, 2021
9 am – 1 pm CST
on Zoom and/or out in Nature
Visionary Activist Introductory Workshop
What important gift is bubbling up from your heart to benefit the world?
So many people long to join the movement to nurture the environment and bring harmony to all its beings. The Visionary Activist Program lets you imagine what you can do through your innate gifts to take actions that will make a vital difference.
Your VISION describes an injustice that tugs at your heartstrings. It is a cause you’ve talked about or donated to, but now you’re ready to do more.
Through guided meditations and journaling, supported by a deep nature connection, you will conceptualize your VISION and develop the tools to address it in ways you hadn’t imagined before.
The accompanying workbook will give you the perfect place to reflect, imagine, plan, and implement your dream.
You’ll explore tools for your personal resilience and wellbeing, because the more nourished you are, the more you’ll have to offer to your VISION.
This workshop will guide you to bring forth whatever is bubbling up from your heart in a way that feels joyous, safe, and uplifting starting right where you are right now.
This workshop will flow through meditation, journaling, and deep introspection as you examine your personal VISION through the introductory steps of the Visionary Activist Guide.
This workshop will be held on Zoom and we encourage participants to join us from a comfortable place either out-of-doors or indoors with a view of nature.
- Supporting Donation: $90 (helps support others who are not able to pay full price)
- Sustaining Donation: $60 (this is the actual cost of the workshop)
- Supported Donation: $30 (for those needing support on the full ticket price)
- Full Scholarship: $0 (Requires pre-approval from the Visionary Activist Team. Contact us for scholarship information.)
- You’ll answer the question “what is yours to do?” Of all the social justice and environmental issues you care deeply about, you’ll determine the specific VISION that is right for you.
- You’ll journal a mindful remembrance of your strengths, education, experiences, communications, and connections around this VISION to show how the world is ready to support you and your mission.
- Through an exploration of your most heartfelt emotions – inner heart and outer heart – you’ll recognize the gifts that you are able to give to others in ways that will support you to remain grounded and stable.
- You’ll visualize and clarify your future action steps through imaginative storytelling and simple-to-follow guidelines.
- Imbued with the knowledge of what you need for long-term resilience and the guideposts in the accompanying workbook, you’ll embrace your personal power as you become a Visionary Activist.
Wherever you are on the Visionary Activist continuum, right now is the perfect time for you to begin to clarify and design just what is yours to do.
Sami Aaron is the founder of the nonprofit, The Resilient Activist, whose mission is to build resilience, optimism, and hope in response to the impact of the climate crisis by providing community, stress-relief, and nature-connected programming that supports positive ecological change.
She is a Climate Reality Leader, one of the thousands of volunteers in 126 countries who have been trained by Nobel Laureate Al Gore to educate the public about climate change.
Her experience as a County Extension Master Naturalist has broadened her understanding of the interconnectivity between nature and humanity, with an eye towards restoration and protection of natural areas and the wildlife that inhabit them.
Sami is a yoga and meditation teacher who focuses on the emotional and physical benefits of time spent in nature and the important connection we humans have with the natural world.
She is the author of “The Gift of Compassion” in Chicken Soup for the Soul, Grieving and Recovery.
Through Sami’s studies in meditation and yoga, along with her desire to guide others into a life rich in nature connection, she has created The Resilient Activist programs to nurture, uplift, and support those who strive to live in conscious harmony with Earth.
Read more about the Visionary Activist program.
If you haven’t yet watched our Visionary Activist interviews – take time to listen in at that link. You may be inspired by these activists’ stories and the joy they exude as they reflect on their Visionary Activist journeys.