Do you have an event we should know about? Send us a message.
Join us for a follow-up event to the
Visionary Activist Workshop
a new gathering
Visionary Activist Salon *
Sat. Feb 6th, 2021 10-noon CST
on Zoom – Register below
Co-hosted by Sami Aaron, Meredith McAllister, and Kayla Williams
As requested by participants in January’s Visionary Activist Workshops, we are following up with gatherings to support your journey as you continue to develop your VISION!
This event is open to those who participated in an earlier Visionary Activist Workshop.
Through a process of meditation, journaling, and informal group conversation, our first Salon* will focus on:
- Revisiting the Workshop: we’ll review the January workshop to hear what was beneficial and what would you have liked to experience differently?
- Personal Growth: since the workshop, what has transpired in your steps to bring your VISION to life?
- Moving Forward: what are your next steps and what support would be helpful? How can The Resilient Activist be of service?
*Salon (gathering): A conversational gathering. A salon is a gathering of people held by an inspiring host. During the gathering, participants amuse one another and increase their knowledge through conversation.
Some of your comments after the workshop:
“This workshop had me sit and reflect on myself in a way that reminded me of my past achievements, my skills, my education, and – above all else – my passion. These reflections showed me that, yes, I actually AM able to make a difference!”
“The combination of Meditation and Journaling of my ideas on my own Vision for my Future Universe was enlightening and powerful.”
“Having others to reflect, brainstorm, and recapitulate with is so valuable to this work!”
“The workshop used mindfulness and meditation to bring forth authenticity and let me begin to craft a cohesive, practical vision for my next career direction.”
“So much of my own activism feels urgent and this workshop helped me take a step back, reflect, and realize how my mind, body, and spirit are necessary to achieve my vision.”
Visionary Activist AY Young
Musician | Entrepreneur | United Nations Global Young Leader
Sat. April 17, 2021 10 am-noon CST on Zoom
Join us to …
- learn about the United Nation’s 2030 Agenda and Global Goals for Sustainable Development (17 SDGs)
- meet AY, UN’s Global Young Leader from the USA, and learn about his upcoming sustainability projects
- explore topics you’re passionate about to nurture a sustainable planet and see how your ideas fit into the SDGs
- share your ideas for how AY can expand and grow his audience for this important project
- experience a preview taste of AY’s uplifting and joyful music as he creates his next album with 17 new songs for the planet
“It’s all about one action every day towards your dreams or goals or towards sustainability. If we all take one action, like outlets, we can change the world.”
~Visionary Activist AY Young
AY Young, a Kansas City, MO singer-songwriter, dancer, producer, and sustainability advocate has been named by the United Nations as “1 of 17” 2020 World Youth Leaders, after having been selected from 18,000 nominations from 186 countries. AY is the only Youth Leader selected from the United States.
AY, who is one of the first artists in the world to power his concerts with 100% renewable energy, was recognized by a national energy publication, The Energy News, as one of the “40 Under 40” leaders and innovators from across the United States for their work to transition to a clean energy economy.