Our programs are focused on the concepts in The Five Essentials for a Resilient World. We provide
- education about environmental issues as well as the solutions,
- links to local resources that can help you make important shifts, and
- inspiration and motivation to help you take the next steps towards a more resilient world.
Would your group be interested in learning more about the environmental issues we’re faced with every day? Contact our Speakers’ Bureau to provide uplifting and informational programs that are geared to your group or organization. Programs can be presented in person in the Greater Kansas City area or online for audiences outside KC. For programs of 60-75 minutes, there is no fee (although we would gratefully accept your most generous donation!)
Pricing is variable for longer programs and workshops. Contact us for details.
Nature-Connected Community Gatherings
We have public meetings every month in the Kansas City area for anyone ages 14 and up. Connect IN PERSON! with others to share and learn simple restorative practices for our Earth.
What do we do?
- We have fun growing this Nature-Connected Community – with conversation, nature, movement, art, and more!
- We are inspired by our guest presenters from local environmental organizations and businesses.
- We connect with others in affinity groups. What nature-connected topic are YOU interested in learning more about?
- We learn from our EnviroTips – simple, commonsense answers to living mindfully in relationship with the environment, based on the Five Essentials for a Resilient World.
Meetings are at various times and locations in the Greater Kansas City area. Sign up for our newsletter or like us on Facebook to be sure you receive the meeting announcements. And check our Events page for upcoming programs.
This is an opportunity to ask questions and share concerns and worries about the environment in a non-judgmental and supportive setting.
Business for Good Programs
Business for Good Overview Three-Session Series
The Resilient Activist offers a three-session series for general business audiences to educate, inspire, and motivate the all-important shift to a more healthy planet.
Businesses of all sizes have a massively important role in being part of this deep shift. More and more business are stepping up to ensure that our glorious planet can provide us with clean air, sparkling water, and abundant plant and animal life.
We invite you to join The Resilient Activist for a three-part series “Business for Good.” Learn what actions you, personally, can take within your company to make an important difference.
- Session 1: Global Shifts toward People, Planet, Profit
- The importance of a healthy, diverse ecosystem and how it is vital to your personal happiness and the long-term well-being of those you love
- Global new thought on business and the awareness that companies around the world are shifting to a business model that supports the interconnectivity of all life
- Session 2: Five Essentials for a Resilient World and Resources
- Five important areas that each business can address to create an environmentally supportive and compassionate way of generating profit
- Local and global resources that will give you information and tools to easily make essential changes that are a good fit for your company
- Session 3: Inspiration and Action
- Inspiration and guidance to help you design your own personalized “Business for Good” plans
- Your next steps, timeline, resources, and support community that will help you make those plans a reality
- Entrepreneurs & executive leaders
- Corporate & small business employees
- Networking groups and organizations that bring together a variety of businesses for education and community-building.
- Anyone who wants to understand what makes Business for Good!
Let The Resilient Activist help you step into your own action plan to preserve, restore, and replenish what you cherish.
Series fees are based on the number of participants, location, and other factors. Contact us for more information.
Industry-Specific Business for Good Series
Our long-term mission is to develop industry-specific programming for a wide variety of industries. We will bring these business communities to the highest level of nature-awareness. Each industry has its own specific needs, products, equipment, and processes. These courses address the unique ways each industry can best benefit the planet while also enjoying financial success.
Interior Design Series
In development over the summer of 2019, The Resilient Activist is gathering a team of professionals in the residential interior design field to create our first customized industry-specific program.
This in-depth series will focus on every aspect of the flow of an interior design project. We’ll offer education, suggestions, and resources to implement the Five Essentials for a Resilient World into each step. Contact us if you’d like to be part of this development team or participate in our focus groups.